Sunday, March 8, 2009

Monday

It’s 10:12 March 1, 2009. Abbie and I have been getting ready to leave for TeenPact in the morning. Someone (Dad, probably) will take us to Jimmy and Megan’s house in the morning before breakfast (we’ll eat before leaving). From there we’ll go with Jimmy, Megan, Krista, James, Susanna, and Cathy to Jefferson City. We’re to go to the camp first, then I think we’re moving on to the Capitol building.
It has been so long since my life was “normal.” The Saturday after Thanksgiving last year I started work at 3000toys.com where I worked till Christmas Eve. Then we went to San Antonio for a week in January. The next few weeks were filled with school and all, mostly normal until the beginning of February when Abbie and I went to Jefferson City with a group of other homeschoolers. The day after the trip it was decided that the 2 of us would go to TeenPact. So the past month has been full of school, getting ready for TeenPact and something new that our family is doing: Pizza Night.
Next Sunday is my 16th birthday, then I get back into school and catch up on the couple days’ work that I skipped last week in getting ready for TP. I wonder what will happen after that that will make life abnormal.
Why do I always feel like I’m taking a TON of stuff? All I have are a suitcase (that isn’t all that full), my NEO bag, a pillow, a sleeping bag, purse and my makeup bag. Is it just me or is that really a lot?
Well, I’m going to sleep: I don’t think I’ll be able to get much (if any) sleep on the way there tomorrow, and I don’t want to have to.
Good night.



March 2, 2009 7:30 a.m.
Abbie woke me up at about 5:30 before going down to take a shower. I got up but, because our space heater had only just been turned on, our room was freezing so after a few minutes I get back in bed just to warm up a little bit. NO, I did NOT go to sleep! :) After about 5 minutes I got back up, got dressed, put the few last minute things in my bag, and then at 6:15 carried my stuff downstairs. I threw some sandwiches together while Abbie fixed cottage cheese, fruit and orange juice for breakfast. The orange juice I drank real quick, but the cottage cheese and fruit were saved because it was 6:30 and we had to leave.
What do you think but we forgot to grab spoons to eat our cottage cheese with! Really smart, right? :P
Dad dropped us off at Jimmy and Megan’s house and there, once again, I was convinced that I had a TON of stuff! Megan said “You’re a girl, girls have a lot of stuff!” :P
Finally we all in the suburban, Krista, Susanna, and Cathy in the back, Megan, James and I in the middle and Jimmy and Abbie in the front (James is “teething and a Mama’s boy,” to quote Megan).
Right now Jimmy, Megan, Cathy and Abbie are discussing a bill.

8:00
We’re just coming to Mount Vernon. Abbie is trying take a nap, James and Krista are eating, Susanna is supervising Krista, Megan is feeding James cheerios, and Cathy, sitting directly behind me is… let me see… just watching out the window. Oh, Jimmy is driving, btw! :) This is definitely a quiet drive.
We’re going to meet the S. family somewhere. I can’t wait to see Nykole! :)

8:15
James is eating crackers… or pretending to. In reality he is crushing them in his hands and getting crumbs all over himself! :)
We just passed a field with a pretty large group of turkeys. Being a city girl, I like seeing animals that, so to people in the country, that might not be out of the ordinary.
I was just thinking of the first memories I have of Megan. The very first time I remember seeing her was when I went to Bright Arrows. Her team was in the same room as mine (I was on her sister’s team). From there I thought about Jimmy… I really don’t have any FIRST memory of him: he’s always lived down the road from us. I remember playing Monster with him. Once somehow we got his shoes and hung them on the clothesline. :) I don’t know how we got them off the “Monster’s” feet, but we did. Warning: don’t ever do that to me! :P LOL!

9:15
We stopped at Wal-Mart in Marshfield and now we’re on our way to meet the S. family. Megan got something from Subway for breakfast: it smells SO good! :)

9:30
Nychelle and I switched, so I am now riding with Nykole YAY! :)

10:56
This car is definitely more talkative than the suburban was :D We had a great time of singing: that is one reason I like riding with the S. family: they like to sing. We’re almost to the camp.

11:06
We’re stopping at a gas station about 21 miles out of Jeff City. I have found one advantage of being short: Michael has REALLY long legs and he is sitting in the front seat. His was pretty uncomfortable.


It is 4:45 on Friday, March 6 and we just left the Capitol Building. I haven’t been able to do much writing through this week, but I’ll get it all filled in as much as I can here.

After we arrived on Monday we got settled in and changed before loading up in the bus and headed to the Truman Building for the first afternoon.
There we did all the First Reads: reading the first little bit of the bills we had written in our homework and Killian assigned them to the different committees. Local Affairs, Judicial, Energy and Environment, and Transportation and Economic Development. Michael and I were in “JUD”, Cathy and Abbie were in “LA”, Susanna and Nykole were in “TED” and Nychelle was in “ENE.” I, personally, think my team was the best! We had Carolyn and Sarah for our team leaders and they were great! :)
The first committee meeting I went to had elections and introductions. The way we did introductions was interesting: we had to tell our name and one thing we liked, as well as telling the name and hobby of everyone who went before us. Susanna G. won the position of Chairwoman in my committee and Lauren was secretary.
After we went back to camp we changed out of “Capitol clothes” and had supper. After supper everyone started visiting and playing the piano and some card games. There were some good musicians at TeenPact!
Finally we gathered in the Assembly hall for worship and a message by Mr. T. Bedtime came and we gathered in our different cabins (all of the girls in our group were in the same room with a WONDERFUL Cabin Mom, Cassia!). Hope (one of the staffers) was our rendezvous leader, and joined us after a little bit. During rendezvous we rated our day and told our highest and lowest points, before praying.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're posting about this last week quickly, Hannah. I enjoy reading about it.:)