For the last few years my Dad's step-mom, Fran, has had cancer. Somewhere around 1/2 - 1 year before her 70th birthday (which was last year) Grandma Fran was told she wouldn't live much longer. She decided she wanted to live until at least her 70th birthday. The date came and went, and the new goal was 9/9/09 (simply because it is all 9s). Last week she stopped eating and drinking, her eyes closed and the only response a person got was perhaps raised eyebrows, or moving feet. They were told that she probably wouldn't make it TO the weekend, much less through it. Dad and I went up to spend the weekend, no one really knowing what would happen. The weekend passed and still Grandma Fran lived on. We came home Monday when the nurse said she did not know how long it might be. She had not expected her to last that long. Granddaddy said he would call if anything happened. The call came today: at about 8:00 this morning my Grandma Fran went to be with the Lord. She now has her perfect body and is no longer in pain.
I love you, Grandma Fran.
7 comments:
awww! I'm praying for y'all! HUGS! I'm glad you got that last time with her.
Sorry to hear the sad news. It is good to know sadness has ended with a bright future with the lord
Aww, that must be hard. May he grant you shalom in this time.
*HUGS*
I know how hard it
is to lose a beloved
Grandma!!! May your
heart be filled with joy
that she is resting in
her Saviors arms!!!
Love~ Jen
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art
with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." -Psalm 23:4
Thank you for sharing this.... I will be praying for you all!
So sorry for your loss!
I'm so sorry to hear that...I'll be praying for you all...
Love,
Esther
Post a Comment