Friday, April 9, 2010

An answered prayer, and a dream come true...

First of all, I want y'all to know that my God is a WONDERFUL God! I am amazed at how He works, His timing and His ways to doing things are perfect (not that I didn't think they were)!
As some of you may know, I've always dreamed of playing the fiddle. What was its appeal to me? I don't know, maybe that I've always loved Celtic music and Irish fiddle, so, naturally, wanted to be able to make play it myself. It's hard to tell. But anyway, for years I lived with the dream without really a chance of getting a violin. But then, within the past year I started praying for a violin. I had 2 friends offer to lend me theirs but we didn't really want a borrowed one (we, as in Mom, Dad and I) JUST IN CASE something were to happen to it. So I've worked on the instruments that I already had (guitar, piano, and harmonica), even winning a new guitar in a contest! Well, last week, April 1st, I got a phone call from a good friend (who, btw, plays violin). As it turns out, she, her mom, and sister were at Connie's Antiques when they found a violin, case and bow for only $75!!! Plus tax, that is, so I actually spent about $80 on it at the store. Also, I had almost enough saved up to pay for it! Now I just have to get a bridge (which should be in the mail right now) and the A-string! It's amazing the things that fell into place in order for me to get this violin. First, I was actually saving up for a set of harmonicas so I had almost enough money (I decided that I'd rather have the violin), second my friends were at Connie's at just the right time: the violin was only there for about a week. And this violin "just happened" to be in one of the front booths so they would see it!!!!! I'll try to get a picture soon, when I have the string and bridge fixed! :)

4 comments:

Kasie said...

What a blessing! I was like that about violins too. I never thought Mum and Dad could afford one for Angie and I, but they saved up and got us each one of our own for our birthdays!(for about a year we used a borrowed instrument)

Enjoy your violin, Hannah! It's a beautiful instrument. :-D

Triplet said...

It was exciting for me when we found it as I knew you were wanting one.:) Can't wait to hear how it sounds when you get the bridge and A string!

Unknown said...

That is so neat, Hannah! God works in wonderful ways! The violin is a wonderful instrument! I love playing it!

Miss Toria said...

What an AMAZING blessing! I can't believe you won a guitar either...I play guitar and mine's more of a "cheaper" kind, I would love a new one...

What a blessing to find a violin so cheap! I've been praying for a harp- I would sooo love to learn to play harp, but like you've found with violins...they're just soooo much money! =/ Yet, our God will provide all our needs...and sometimes wants as well. ;)

Blessings to you, may you excell as you learn violin!
Miss Toria