What should I say? My life isn't boring but it's boring to write about just now. There are so many little details that make the day go by faster (or slower), that make me laugh, cry, or just shake my head in disbelief at the craziness of some people. But those little details, while they make my life more interesting, don't always stick around in my mind long enough for me to sit down and blog about them. Maybe I should start a journal that I carry with me everywhere to jot things down when they happen... but then that's not always convenient for a working woman like me. Working woman... career woman, yeah, I suppose that's what I am just now though hopefully that won't be true later on down the road. Thankfully right now I have a job that I love! I wasn't sure if I wanted a job in an alterations shop. One main fear was "What if I start disliking sewing?!" Well, I'll say right now, I still love sewing! And I've been able to learn quite a bit and even had the chance to put my new abilities to practice here at home. :) Hemming jeans in a professional way that still looks good, fixing a dress that gaped, stuff like that. It's great!
I suppose it's time for me to start stocking up on things I may need in the future. Last week Mom and Angela were at a used book/furniture store (that also carries some used dishes and stuff) and found almost an entire set of nice silverware and part of a beautiful set of dishes for me! Now I'm keeping my eye open for pieces to complete the set of dishes, and I've got plans for quilts. Grandma is a quilter and instilled in Mom some of that love for quilts so I've grown up with all sorts of quilts around. I've come to realize though that whenever I'm married I'll probably want quilts... and if I don't make them (some of you probably know that quilt-making isn't my favorite occupation) I won't have very many. So I suppose this summer that will be a main project to work on when I'm not at work.
And... the 10 minutes is up. So, sorry if it seems like I'm just cutting it off but the fact is... I am. Haha! But hopefully I'll be able to keep up with my blog more this summer than I have been. :)
And now, on the last note, check out this great video from the Piano Guys!
Snow Day
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment