Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The last few weeks...

As those of you who stay in rather-close contact with my family know, this time of the year is a very busy time for us, and not because we're continually going places, like we were earlier this year. Nope, as a family, we don't really go anywhere this time of year. Some folks don't seem to understand that when we say we can't go anywhere, we really mean it!! LOL! Anyway, it's the Christmas season (in case you hadn't noticed) which means that sales sky rocket in stores. And 3000toys.com where my Dad is working is no exception, especially since it's a toy company! So in November all 4 of us girls (Abbie and I more than Amber and Angela since they have nanny jobs) started driving out to the warehouse with Dad everyday to pull and pack orders.
But, I must admit, life is not all work. :) Yes, it often seems like that's all we do this time of year, but we've had time for a little bit of fun. For example, this weekend we actually had company! Our friends the Farnums were in town Saturday evening and came to our house for the night and most of today! :) It was great getting to see them again! It had been a couple months since we last saw them, so we jumped at the chance to see them again. :)
Ben turned 9 on the 12th!!! WOW!!! I remember the night he was born! I vaguely remember when Luke was born, but I REALLY remember when Ben was born! Being one of the youngest in the family I don't have as many memories of my younger siblings as babies as my older brother and sisters do.
Anyway, Ben is 9 now, and Daniel is 15 (as of today, the 21st)!!!!! Throughout my life I've been pretty close to most of my siblings, but I think through the years I probably spent more time with Daniel and Abbie than anyone else so Daniel has become a very close friend. But, poor kid, he's rather sick just now so we're waiting till later on to have his birthday dinner.
We've been getting ready for Christmas. I can't believe it's already only 3 days away!!! Where has the time flown? I remember, when I was younger, thinking that the 2 weeks left before I would see a friend of mine, was FOREVER! Now another year is almost over. Sunday evening my oldest sister and her family are coming up! I'm REALLY looking forward to that! I haven't seen them since 4th of July weekend, and since that time I've hardly seen any pictures of the kids! :-o Oh well, I'll get to see them for REAL in a few days!!!
A week or so ago when I was waiting to come home after work I ran across a music video on youtube, to a song that I had never heard before, but which has since become my favorite Christmas song.


Well, I think it's high time this was posted, so, have a blessed Christmas and New Year. :)

No comments: