Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New/Old Job

 Well, my carefree life is over. OK, so I'm not completely carefree, I DO have things that I do. But this week I got a job. I've worked with the company pretty frequently over the last few years since my Dad works with them. Know what I'm talking about now? Yep, I'll be in the shipping warehouse of 3000toys.com working with Dad.  My job will be what it is every Christmas season except that twice a week I'll be doing stuff with pictures. I won't officially take over the job and then it won't be till the end of the week... or the end of MY work week since I won't be working full time.

     I have decided something though. In the past I've worn mainly just t-shirts and not-so-nice jeans (though hole-less jeans) to work so I wouldn't risk messing up my nicer clothes on just a temporary job. I'm done with that now. Yesterday Mom and I went to the store to find more jeans since jeans aren't the most common item in my closet and I found 2 or 3 pairs of comfortable jeans at thrift stores and a cute shirt that will be perfect for the summer days I'm going to spend in the warehouse. I'm half-afraid that I won't want to wear them to work for fear they'll get ruined. :P But that's what I got them for. I'm tired of feeling like a slob (even if I don't necessarily look like one) so I plan to go to work dressed in such a way that I can still work well and easily but in a way that makes me feel pretty and feminine!

    I also found 3 scarves and 2 untied headbands at the store yesterday (we went to several thrift stores).  I've always loved the look of scarves as headbands and am going all out now! Maybe I'll do a photo shoot soon with some of my thrift store finds. Of course I say that but I rarely get a good chance to have a real photo shoot. Maybe one of these Fridays I'll just have to grab Abbie and MAKE her take pictures for me!  Or maybe this Friday if I end up at the Farmer's Market Angela can get some snapshots.
    
     On another note, check out Amber's Shop. She's got her drawings on sale. I love her art! We have it  all over our house (along with Angela's Scripture Art ). Right above my piano we have this drawing which, I must say, is probably my favorite! I don't even really know why, but it is.

 So, anyway, I think I shall end this and go get some stuff done this evening. I'm going to work tomorrow so Amber (who is just quitting the job that I'm taking) can show me what she does with the pictures. That's the one part of the job that I have never done before.

No comments: