Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kanga skirts

 So, as some of you may have figured out, I go in spurts when it comes to sewing. Recently I went through another sewing spurt and figured I'd show you some of what I've made this last time.  Mom ordered some African kanga fabrics from Jennie Chancey a while back and we girls each have at least one wrap skirt made from them. Mom now has 3, and I have 2 though I only have pictures of the first one I made. Friday morning, about a week and a half ago I decided to make my red one. I had it finished by early afternoon.


Amber was leaving for  a week in Florida the next day and said she'd love to have her skirt to take with her so after supper (I decided to do it around supper time) I started the race with the clock to see if I could make a skirt before 9. It had taken me over 2 hours to make mine, the question was, could I make another one in less time?  The answer? Yes! I had it finished and still got to bed on time, after doing some other things online.

   Next afternoon I was put to work on another one: this time Angela's. We decided we both wanted to wear one to church so put hers together, getting faster than I was on either of the other two! :)



     So, these are our skirts from that first weekend. This last weekend I made 3 more but unfortunately we don't have pictures of them yet.

3 comments:

~Valencia~ said...

I love the look!! :)

Jessica said...

These are positively gorgeous!! I hope you sent Mrs. Chancey these pictures. :) I'm really inspired - I've been keeping an eye out for the next batch that she'll list. :)

Grace Mae said...

These are very pretty. Where did you get the pattern for them? I love to sew and need some more skirts.