What are your opinions on Christmas music before Thanksgiving? I LOVE music, and many of my favorite songs are "Christmas songs." While several members of my family think that we can sing Christmas songs all year round, certain other members think that we should save them for after Thanksgiving, so they'll be more special. In my opinion, Christmas songs would be just as special if we sang them all year round. What do you all think?
3 comments:
Good question. actually I think that it doesn't really matter which way you do it. But we usually end up not doing it til after Thanksgiving because they usually in boxes, but this year I have my CDs out and I was playing It's the Thought a Christmas CD by Twila Paris and it was cool listening to it and thinking about the gift that God gave us other than just right around Christmas time. (yep I know that's a run-on sentence. I'm famous for those!)So I say both works. Sometimes I want to wait until Christmas so that you feel the season more, but I decided that if you listen to it sometimes throughout the year, that's good to remind you about it, but listen to it MOSTLY right around Christmas so that you get into the "Christmas spirit" or whatever you want to call it. (I think this is pretty confusing. I should stop now!)
A nice topic, Christmass music is pretty, Personaly I would say 3 weeks + or _ of christmass. Secular "christmass music" seems a bit out of place year round but songs praising the comming of our lord seems like it would be approate year round.. But in a strictly Phlisophical point of view the more you have , see, hear or taste something it becomes dull in the mind and does not have the same "special " place in you mind..
Sometimes I sing a few Christmas songs during the year. When people say "It's not Christmas yet!" (jokingly) I always return with "everyday is Christmas." :-)
It doesn't really matter though. I definitely sing them a lot more during December!
Post a Comment